Thursday, July 16, 2009

Coming Up

I wanted to be blogging instead of doing school work, so I gave in.

I’m pretty excited about some new flicks on the horizon, lots of hack, slash, and even some 3D gore coming up soon. The three at the top of my gotta see list:

Jennifer’s Body

jennifers body

Me and just about every other straight male in the world want to see this one. Personally I am not a fan of Megan Fox. Her acting has been pretty weak and she’s got that distinct trailer park look about her. (I find it funny that she’s been clamoring about being taken more seriously as an actress and then she goes and gets herself signed on for a horror flick. That’s surely the way to get you an Oscar.) But in the case of Jennifer’s Body she seems a perfect fit for the title character. The other starring role is played by Amanda Seyfried (but will get sooo much less press) who I think is adorable.

It’s a teen flick about a gorgeous, popular cheerleader who gets possessed by a demon and starts eating boys. We can expect some snappy dialogue since it’s from the writer of Juno which I think is a good thing. I’m of the mind that teen slasher flicks most often go wrong when they take themselves too seriously (think “I Know What You Did Last Summer”, those kids just seemed far too serious, even for a bunch who were getting hunted and butchered by a fisherman).

So we have a hot chick eating up boys and some giggles with a big fat R rating (and my oh my do R ratings make me happy). It opens September 18th and if you take a peek at the website make sure you watch the restricted trailer (it makes it look much better).

Halloween 2

m_163_h2_1sht

Upon the release of Rob Zombie’s remake of Halloween, I sat in my favorite seat (center of the row about two from the back) in the theater prepared for the worst. I had seen House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil’s Rejects and the only thing worth mentioning about them was Sheri Moon Zombie and all her abundant hotness (you want hot chick? Megan Fox has NOTHING on Sheri Moon Zombie!). For me, Halloween was one of the most delicious film surprises ever! Daeg Faerch’s Michael Myers was 100% bone chilling, (I can’t tell you how many times I replayed the scene where he beat the bully to death in the woods. I think all school aged bullies should be made to watch that scene and issued the warning that “this could be you, you mean little fucker”) Zombie’s vision of the story was the perfect mixture of homage to the original and expansion of the story, and it had more of Sheri Moon Zombie being amazing and hot (not to mention she nailed the stripper/mom with disgruntled home life. I know stripper/moms with disgruntled home lives and that was an on-point portrayal). So based on what I saw in the first one, I’m hella down to see the next one.

I had hoped Zombie would be doing a part two although I wasn’t sure it was going to happen. Upon hearing there would be one the boy and I watched the first one again to double check on the ending. That resulted in a debate on if a person could really live after being shot in the head. I fall on the side of the many many horror movies that teach us that, yes, if someone is truly evil they can live through a shot to the dome. Silly boy, he comes in on the side of reality. Meh. But now in the trailer we see Michael popping out of the Coroner truck (and Mr. Zombie, how I adore you for picking your 2nd movie up where the 1st on left off. And you’ve adapted Dr. Loomis’s yelping about shooting Michael 6 (or was it 7? It’s been a while) times to having 6 guys shoot him. Your attention to detail is superb, you do us movie fans proud, sir) and that sufficiently ties up that loose end.

So I’m excited for about a billion and four reasons on this one. August 28th we get to see if round two is as great as round one.

The Final Destination

Final_destination_09

First of all, let’s get this straight, it’s Final Destination 4. Church it up however you want but it’s still the 4th one of these damn movies.

Even with that being said, I like them. I can’t help it. I’ve like each and every one of the Final Destination movies. Intricate deaths with plenty of blood and screaming, I tend to like that. Also anytime I get to see someone offed with a nail gun, my day is made (part 3). (Not to mention the Tony Todd bits in each of them. He’s one of the greats.) So I’ll be there to check out the new one. Especially since it’s releasing in 3-D (thank you, My Blood Valentine for bringing back horror in 3-D. I think all horror could be great in 3-D. Please make me believe that blood, deadly objects, and nasty bits of death are flying directly at my face). It’s also opening August 28th, so maybe I’ll just have a night at the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment